Saturday, January 2, 2010

January 2 and taking first step towards resolutions

Yesterday I posted about my goals for 2010. Some of them involve my Etsy shops and others are health and personal priorities.

One of my goals is to get out more. I spoke with my friend Jackie and we agreed to get together one or twice a month. These outings would NOT revolve around food. They would involve movies, bowling, shopping or some other fun we can find and definitely NOT the bar scene.

Today I went back to being a blond. Not platinum or anything just highlights. I know the hair dresser from the Traveling Boutique and loved how she did another friend's hair. Wendy did a fabulous job and I had a lot fun while there.

She mentioned that she and her single friends go out for karaoke about once a month and invited me to join her them. I sing horribly but I said I would love to go. I can't wait and will report the details.

I have been watching Julie and Julia. While I may not be blogging about cooking with Julia Child, blogging about my successes, distractions, etc. may help vent and carry me through more difficult times. Comments also help.

Onward...

No comments: